Organization Leadership is an innovative and challenging program which provides both a theoretical and practical learning experience. The program promotes organizational and personal leadership excellence through the formulation of an ethically responsible understanding of organizational theory, vision, change and behavior. Students learn the keys to working with and influencing individuals and groups to achieve toward a common goal.
The Certification Program has the following specific learning goals:
- Students will know the leading terms, concepts, theoretical perspectives, and current trends in organizational leadership.
- Students will be able to relate leadership theory in the context of other academic experiences.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate and re-synthesize leadership approaches and theories.
- Students will use critical thinking, experiential and collaborative learning, and scholarly inquiry to articulate an understanding related to the organizational processes and the behavior of people in groups.
- Students will understand the importance of formulating an ethically responsible vision that promotes organizational excellence, and the importance of persuading individuals and groups to work toward a common goal to organizational success.
- Students will learn to practically apply theory to real world situations.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic leadership concepts and theories in written form.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the components of a research paper in the field of leadership.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to write a research paper in the field of leadership.
The completion of 4 courses is required of students pursuing the Certification Program in Organizational Leadership:
01:713:202 Introduction to Organizational Leadership
01:713:303 Intermediate Organizational Applications
01:713:308 Leadership in a Diverse Workplace
01:713:404 Advanced Organizational Applications